NEW YORK, Aug 18 (Bernama-WAFA) -- The United Nations has called for the protection of civilians, preservation of homes and property, and guaranteed access to essential services in the Palestinian territories, amid continued restrictions and violence in the West Bank and Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip, Palestine News and Info Agency (WAFA) reported.
UN spokesperson Stéphane Dujarric said at the daily press briefing that UN teams had managed to reach Palestinian families in the village of Qusra, north of the West Bank, following the imposition of severe restrictions on movement and access.
UN partners expressed concern over the impact of ongoing Israeli strikes on Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, warning that funding shortages and restrictions on the entry of shelter supplies are hampering preparations for the winter season.
They said that less than 40 per cent of the funding required for the humanitarian response in Gaza and the West Bank this year has so far been secured.
Ramses Alakbarov, UN Deputy Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, stressed that recent developments underscore the urgent need to protect civilians, preserve homes and property, and ensure access to essential services.
-- BERNAMA-WAFA