General 22/08/2026 06:48 PM

Malaysian Detained In Pakistan Scam Call Centre Raid Released, Returns Home

BERNAMA Malaysian National News Agency
Share:
Malaysian Detained In Pakistan Scam Call Centre Raid Released, Returns Home
Pengarah Jabatan Siasatan Jenayah Komersil (JSJK) Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa -- fotoBERNAMA (2026) HAK CIPTA TERPELIHARA

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 22 (Bernama) -- A Malaysian man detained by Pakistani authorities during a raid on a fraudulent call centre in Islamabad recently has been released and has safely returned home.

Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigation Department (CCID) director Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa said the CCID would record the 32-year-old man’s statement to assist further investigations into the incident.

He also confirmed that the man was the only Malaysian arrested in the special operation.

"He has been released and has returned to Malaysia,” he said briefly when contacted by Bernama today

Previously, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohd Khalid Ismail said a special team had been dispatched to Pakistan to investigate reports regarding the detention of Malaysians suspected of involvement in an online scam syndicate.

The Malaysian was among 258 foreign nationals detained by Pakistani authorities during the raid on the scam call centre.

-- BERNAMA