KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 18 (Bernama) -- Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the Aug 9 attack on an elderly woman who was doused with petrol and set alight at a lottery outlet in Taman Pusat Kepong.
Sentul Police acting chief Supt Jasni Zolpa confirmed the arrest when contacted.
“Yes, the suspect has been arrested and a press conference will be held tomorrow,” he said.
The elderly woman suffered burns to about 50 per cent of her body after she was doused with a liquid believed to be petrol and set alight at the premises.
Jasni said police were alerted at about 8 am that the 62-year-old victim, who worked at the counter, had been attacked by an unidentified man.
-- BERNAMA