KOTA KINABALU, Aug 22 (Bernama) -- The government is urging some 71,000 vehicle owners in Sabah who are eligible for an additional 100-litre quota under BUDI Diesel to submit their applications immediately.
Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Sabah and Sarawak) Datuk Mustapha Sakmud said the additional quota should first be fully utilised to enable the government to assess the actual need before considering any further increase to the BUDI Diesel quota.
He said that of the approximately 120,000 eligible vehicle owners, only around 49,000 had submitted their applications so far.
“So, we hope that all those who have yet to do so will register the listed vehicles so that they can use the 100 litres, and only then can we see how much quota we actually need,” he told reporters when attending the MADANI Kita Bersama Komuniti Darau @Sepanggar programme here today.
Mustapha said the government had also received requests from traders and companies for the diesel quota for certain categories of vehicles to be increased, and the matter was being considered by the Ministry of Finance.
He said the government had also sought views from various parties on the implementation of BUDI Diesel, and a detailed study would be conducted before the next steps were announced.
Last Tuesday, Finance Minister II Datuk Seri Amir Hamzah Azizan was reported to have said that the government was expected to announce several improvements to the implementation of BUDI Diesel within one to two months, particularly concerning the application process and eligibility requirements.
-- BERNAMA